The Twetterhäuschen is the world’s first Wetterhäuschen for visualizing the sentiment of a specific topic on twitter. It was built on a raspberry pi, a servo controlled by an arduino uno, using node.js in combination with socket.io. You can find the code on github to build your own: https://github.com/sektionschef/twetterhaeuschen
- The Twetterhäuschen has its web form (index.html) to fill a brand or topic of interest
- The keyword is passed on to the server (app.js) which takes care of the API calls using the oauth module. The search is completed with some words to derive a basic level of sentiment, e.g. “love” or “hate”
- Taking the reach (number of followers) into account, the ratio between good and bad is calculated
- The arduino sets the servo between the angle of 60 and 130 in order to move the two characters Sepp and Susi out of the Twetterhäuschen.
- Whereas Sepp represents the dark force, Susi acts as a substitute for ecstacy and elation.
Here is an explanation in German: